Second Round of Interviews | 05/21/04

What an exciting day. I ate my good luck apple and bided my time between 7:30 and 9:30 by playing Euchre and petting Chompy. Once I had worn away a sufficient amount of fur I got online and had a quick pep talk with Brian until about 9:20. I watched my fish for a couple minutes to calm down and then, right as the clock struck 9:30 I heard the melodious monophonic version of a Bach piece--it was my phone. The conversation went very well in my opinion and the professor I was speaking with seemed like a really interesting guy. I have to admit, I thought it would be dull with a lot of silence but it wasn't nearly as awkward as I was anticipating. Don't get me wrong, I stuttered amply and couldn't provide ideal answers to all the questions but it was good enough get me onto a second date. My schedule is now clear so I can pop over on a moments notice. I basked in my success for the next couple of hours and then applied for graduation. I also finished up the arrangements for two more gigs, now on the 29th and 30th. It will be nice to get back and play with some of my favorite people, now that enough time has past that there won't be any need for heads on the gates of the city. Jamie and I made our celebratory feast tonight, VERY blackened chicken and mashed potatoes. Mmm, mmm. I used a ridiculous amount of both Cayenne pepper and paprika but it still wasn't quite as hot as I would have liked it. I was really looking for the kind where you have to wait a couple minutes between bites. It's good for your colon, you know. Jamie got a rape call and left for the hospital but before she left I noticed a 3.5" roach slowly ascending my bedroom wall. Like a good dog owner, I fled the immediate vicinity and called in Chompy. Fortunately, this is old hat to her and a simple "Chompy, attack" with a finger point caused her to go into an uproar. Within seconds she had leapt up the wall high enough to knock it down and within a minute it was breathing its last roach breaths. After supplying her with some treats we went back to eating until we saw some of its legs move. Again I called upon my savage pit bull and she pawed and chewed it into a bunch of 100%-dead pieces just to appease me. I also discovered some unexpected users reading my journal. I guess technically it is in the public domain but come on. There are enough blogs out there to not have to read MINE. After Jamie left for the hospital Mark whipped me in Yahoo canasta and I cleaned my fish tanks. Ooh, the exciting life I live. Ooh!

=====Friday, May 21=====

I have made it successfully to the final round of interviews--the on-campus visit!




contact catania design