Dr. Blessinger | 04/03/06
I got a call from my mom around midnight last night that my uncle died. He was diagnosed with brain cancer around the same time jamie's dad was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. I think it's for the best as he deteriorated relatively quickly and there's something to be said for the family being able to let go and return to their lives.
Congratulations to Dr. marty Blessinger who passed his dissertation defense last night. chris and I met up with him and the Theory Gang along with michael at Andrew's and had some beers. It was decided we would play an impromptu game of poker at 9pm. tchris, Chris and Michael showed up promptly but where were Marty and kathy? Allegedly they just forgot and came an hour late. I don't have a picture to put up but T-Chris was our big winner. Yeah that was a long winded Congratulations.
Since I was tagged by brian to write Six Unusual or Weird Habits I figure I'll give it a shot.
- I love flossing; way more than brushing.
- I'm not sure this is a habit but if I have to put a picture of myself online I always Photoshop myself a little bit.
- I'm really good about taking my contacts out; I've only missed about ten times in the nearly ten years I've had them.
- I clean out my ears at least twice a day with Q-Tips. One day in high school a chunk of earwax half the size of a nickel fell out when I was driving. Thank God I was alone in the car.
- I try to only shave once a week and am more than willing to risk looking shaggy Thursday-Sunday.
- I think I should have been born a German since I love to combine words. Let's see here...I have some fungus growing on the plan on my desk. Rather than referring to it as the Plant With Fungus I'd rather refer to it as the Plungus.